Beshenkovichi district is located in the central part of Vitebsk region and covers an area of 1.400 km2. It borders on Vitebsk, Shumilino, Ushachi, Lepel, Chashniki and Senno districts. The region includes 240 rural settlements. It is divided into 7 village councils. The regional center is the urban-type settlement Beshenkovichi with 6.600 people. It is located 51 km west to Vitebsk.
The Western Dvina River and its tributaries Ula with Svechanka and Krivinka with Berezka flow through the region. There are more than 50 lakes in the region. The largest are Saro, Beloe, Ostrovenskoe.
Beshenkovichi can get a hotel by UPK Housing and Communal Services "Beshenkovichsky
communalnik" (Kommunisticheskaya str, 22, 34 beds).
Ph.: 8-02131-6-40-36, 6-47-42
Web-site: besh-gkh.byE-mail: email@example.com
Rest House "Silver Spring" is located on the shores of Lake Borovno, in a pine forest, in an ecologically clean region of Belarus.
The guests can get: accommodation in Standard + rooms, or in a separate
Suite or Apartment; SPA complex of cosmetic procedures for face and body
(treatments, masks, wraps).
Each room has all the necessary for a good rest in a new modern hotel complex.
On the territory of the holiday home there is a children's playground, a fountain, a mini - gym, a cafe - bar, Russian billiards, an indoor heated pool, a Finnish sauna, a Russian bath with a spring water pool.
Barbecue area: gazebos with barbecue, covered tent by the lake, wooden summer veranda.
A well-maintained promenade with a private beach, a route for hiking and
cycling in summer and skiing in winter, catamarans and other sports equipment.
The possibility of organizing horseback riding outside the territory of the
Capacity – 80 beds.
Ph.: +375 33 321 76 97 (24h)
Address: Beshenkovichi district, v. Krupenino.
The recreation center "Krupenino" is a structural subdivision of the health care institution "Vitebsk
Regional Diagnostic Center". The complex is located on the shores of the
picturesque Lake Borovno, surrounded by a pine-deciduous forest, which is 30 km
from Vitebsk, in Beshenkovichi district. Nearby (1.7 km) there is a large
The hotel complex can offer its guests accommodation in a building where there are both standard double and triple rooms, as well as luxury double rooms. Capacity – 40 beds.
Also on the territory of the complex, there are two-storey cottages for 5 and 10 beds.
List of services offered:
-24-hour reception and accommodation of guests;
- 24-hour security;
- services of a cafe and a bar with karaoke;
- delivery of the order to the room;
- tennis court, table tennis;
-volleyball, basketball courts;
- rental of bicycles, catamarans and boats; in winter, skiing;
-sauna with a swimming pool (in cottages);
- rent of a conference room;
-wireless internet Wi-Fi in the lobby of the main building.
A special page in the history of the Krupenino Group of Companies is
devoted to the most famous Belarusian festival - the International Festival of
Arts "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk". On hot July days, many guests of
the holiday rest here. The past of the complex is rich in significant events.
So in 2001, a meeting of the presidents of three Slavic states - Alexander
Lukashenko, Vladimir Putin and Leonid Kuchma - took place on its territory.
Zhores Alferov, Alla Pugacheva, Sofia Rotaru, Vladimir Zhirinovsky rested in
Ph: +375 29 717 44 80
+375 29 619 80 60 (24h)
The hunting lodge is
located 12 kilometers from the settlement and belongs to the State Forestry
Institution "Beshenkovichi Forestry". The house has 4 rooms, 8 beds,
hot water supply is organized. The hunting farm organizes hunting for wild
boar, elk, roe deer, and deer. Located at: Vitebsk region, Beshenkovichi
district, village Pyatigorsk.
Ph: +375 (2131) 6-01-83.
Hunting organization services are offered by Beshenkovichi office of Belarusian society of hunters and fishermen (Beshenkovichi, Haraborkin str., 13d)
Ph: +375 (2131) 6-39-35
There are 9 agricultural estates in the district. There is an
opportunity to ride horses and taste Belarusian cuisine. Spend time outdoors
and with health benefits. There are saunas, fishing opportunities, barbecue
grills, smokehouses and many others.
All information is available at: fskdvina.schools.by or by phone 8 (02131) 6-05-34.
Tourists can taste dishes of Belarusian cuisine in the Sputnik restaurant with 140 seats (Beshenkovichi), Randevu bistro (Beshenkovichi), Mango cafe (Beshenkovichi), roadside cafe "Zubr" (223 km of Vitebsk-Minsk highway), a cafe ("Krupenino"), in a bar of agro-town Verkhovye, Ulyanka cafeteria in agro-town Ulla.
There are sports facilities on
the territory of Beshenkovichi region:
There is a city stadium with jogging tracks, a football and mini-football field, and in winter there is a skate and ski rental.
State Institution for Physical Culture and Sports "Beshenkovichi FGC "Dvina" (settlement Beshenkovichi, Chernyakhovsky str., 29).
Services: rent of a sports hall, gym, fitness, table tennis, sauna.
Detailed information can be found fskdvina.schools.by or by phone 8 (02131) 6-05-34. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sports Institution "Beshenkovichi "Children
and Youth Sports School" (Beshenkovichi, Kommunisticheskaya str, 24a). E-mail: email@example.com
Services: rent of a game room, gym, table tennis,
sauna, billiards, visiting a wrestling hall.
Detailed information can be found on: dush-beshenkovichi.schools.by
or by phone 8 (02131) 6-46-87.
Verkhovye Sports and Recreation Complex (agro-town Verkhovye, Sovetskaya str., 35a).
Services: rent of a sports hall, gym, table tennis.
Detailed information can be found on: fskdvina.schools.by
or by phone 8 (02131) 6-05-34.
The materials of the findings are kept in the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the National Museum of History and Culture of Belarus and the Museum of Ancient Belarusian Culture of the Institute of Art History, Ethnography and Culture.
The region also contains monuments of architecture and landscape gardening.Khreptovich Palace, where Napoleon and Alexander I stayed. The construction of the building was started by representatives of the well-known Oginsky family in the 1770s, but it was completed already under Khreptovich, who somewhat changed the original project. The early classicism palace as a whole had a traditional appearance: a U-shaped building, with a central two-story building slightly pushed forward and side one-story wings under a high roof. The empire openwork cast-iron balcony on the second floor reminds of the former splendor of the building. The remains of the beautiful "English-French park", laid out around the palace in the 18th century, are the pride of Beshenkovichi to this day. Linden, poplar and oak alleys have been partially preserved. Until recently, tourists were amazed by a huge giant oak, in which shade, according to legend, Napoleon posed for the artist on the hot July days of 1812. The park also features two ponds with exotic plants.
4 places of worship, located on the territory of the region, are
included in the list of historical and cultural heritage of the Republic of
Church of st. Ilya (1866-1870s)
It was built of bricks in 1870 on the site of a 15th century temple. The building in the forms of pseudo-Russian architecture is an architectural monument of the 19th century. The church is well preserved and is the dominant high-rise in the panorama of the city from the side of the opposite bank of the Dvina. Five spherical ends of the church form an interesting silhouette composition. The temple is decorated with three-blade arches, panels, niches, pilasters. A new wooden iconostasis has been installed in the church.
The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker is located invil. Dobrigory. The church was built of beams in the second half of the 19th century, sheathed with boards from the outside. The temple is a monument of folk architecture with elements of classicism.
The Church of the Holy Life-Giving Trinity in v. Ostrovno was built of
stone in the 16th century. In 1860, an altar part was added on the eastern
side, where the main entrance was previously located.
A study of the walls of the temple, the thickness of which is more than one and a half meters, showed that there are different types of brickwork in them: Gothic, Renaissance and bonded.
The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker inv. Slobodkawas built of brick at the beginning of the 20th century. Has features of the neo-Russian style. Cruciform in plan, it includes a high cubic central volume, on four sides of which there are altar apses, rectangular in plan. A high bell tower adjoins the roller. There is a cemetery next to the temple. There are two unique stone crosses protruding from the ground.
A native of Beshenkovichi land, namely the village of Khotino, was the Hero of the Soviet Union, Major General L. Dovator. He is called one of the last legendary commanders in cavalry history. The Nazis experienced real fear before the cavalry group of Dovator. There were even rumors in the Wehrmacht units that tens of thousands of Cossacks were committing atrocities in their rear areas. In fact, there were three thousand horsemen. In the first days of the counter-offensive in September-October 1941, Dovator's horsemen stood to death at the walls of Moscow. To defeat them, the Germans created a special military group, which did not succeed. The Nazis burned down the native village of Dovator, and for the head of the general himself they appointed a reward of 100 thousand Reichsmarks. At 38, Dovator was killed by a machine-gun burst while inspecting positions before the battle on the Ruza River.
The Jewish cemetery is located on the eastern outskirts of the settlement, near Michurin Street, and covers an area of about four hectares. The oldest gravestone in the cemetery with an inscription in Hebrew dates back to 1703.In the summer of 2015, part of the cemetery was cleared by volunteers, and dozens of tumbled and fallen monuments were raised. The work on the restoration of one of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Belarus is planned to continue.
Learn more about s. Beshenkovichi and the region are helped by the local history museum. It was opened to visitors on June 25, 1979, on the day of the 35th anniversary of the liberation of Beshenkovichi region from the Nazi invaders. It is located in a two-story brick building. Exhibition halls area is 208.9 sq.m. The expositions of the museum are devoted to archeology, ethnography of the native land, tells about the memorable events of the region since the time of its first chronicle mention, visits to Beshenkovichi by Peter I, Napoleon Bonaparte and Russian Emperor Alexander I. A special place is occupied by the diorama of the battle near v. Ostrovno on July 13, 1812. This battle is mentioned in the famous novel War and Peace by L. Tolstoy. Several halls show the events of the Great Patriotic War on Beshenkovichi land: defensive battles in the summer of 1941, the creation of underground party and Komsomol organizations, the emergence of a partisan movement in the region and the formation of a partisan brigade "For Soviet Belarus". The museum has expositions dedicated to famous fellow countrymen, a new exposition "Retro room" was recently opened.
Address: 211361, s. Beshenkovichi, Volodarski str, 6.
Ph: +375 2131 6 01 96